Who is it for?
For anyone looking for a pure Saccharomyces boulardii supplement.
Good to know:
- Each capsule provides 5 billion live cultures of pure, shelf stable Saccharomyces boulardii. The billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- Saccharomyces boulardii is a well-researched, internationally acclaimed strain and has been used safely for over 50 years.
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut.
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required.
- Suitable for: vegetarians, vegans and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance.
- Suitable from 1 year onwards.
- Recommended for daily use.
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures.
- Available in three pack sizes of 16, 40 or 80 capsules.
Please note: This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
- Live cultures: Saccharomyces boulardii (250mg)
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
Each capsule guarantees 5 billion live cultures.
Suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
Instructions for use
Natural food supplement suitable for adults and children (from 1 year onwards) with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 to 4 capsules depending on severity of symptoms and up to 6 capsules daily, or as professionally directed.
- For young children the dose should be lowered.
- If taking anti-fungals, take separately (at least 2 hours apart).
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, capsule can be opened and contents mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use. OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'Saccharomyces boulardii' does not require refrigeration. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking Saccharomyces boulardii.